This Healthy Eggplant Steak Recipe is almost too pretty to touch and mess up. You may think its tedious and too much of a hassle to make but it actually isn’t! It’s super easy to put together and tastes amazing. Pairs well but almost anything at your dinner table. You just can’t go wrong with this dish.
HOW TO MAKE THIS EGGPLANT STEAKS WITH ONIONS:
Meaty eggplant takes center stage in this main dish. Chili powder and paprika bring enough flavor to satisfy even the biggest carnivores. Now if you are not into very oily food, I recommend to first soak the sliced eggplants with water before frying. Soaking the eggplants with water will absorbed some of the water and forms a barrier to prevent or minimized the oil from being absorbed by the frying eggplant.
1 large eggplant, trimmed, cut crosswise into thin slices
1 large onion, peeled, cut into rings
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 tsp. black pepper powder
juice from 1 lemon
- Soak the sliced eggplants for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Mix the soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder and black pepper powder. Keep aside.
- In a frying pan heat generous amount of cooking oil until it start to smoke.
- Stir fry the onion ring for about 1 minute. Do not overcook. Remove from the frying pan and keep aside.
- Using the same frying pan fry the eggplant slices in batches for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until seared and just cooked. Do not overcook.
- Now return all the fried eggplant and onion rings in the frying pan. Pour over the soy sauce lemon mixture.
- Carefully toss the eggplant and onions until evenly coated with the mixture.
- Serve with a lot of rice.
You can check out the latest casting calls and Entertainment News by clicking: Click Here
Click the logo below to go to the Home Page of the Website
Click the logo below to follow ETInside on Twitter
Click the logo below to follow ETInside on Facebook
Click the logo below to follow ETInside on Instagram
Click the logo below to follow ETInside on Pinterest
Click the logo below to follow ETInside on Medium