Fort Valley State University (FVSU) is a historically black university (HBCU) located in Fort Valley, Georgia. It’s also a unit of the University System of Georgia and a member school of the Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund. Fort Valley is approximately 80 miles (130 km) south (320 km) of Atlanta, 25 miles (40 km) south of Macon,18 miles (28 km) west of Warner Robins, and 15 miles (24 km) north of Perry.
As the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, Fort Valley State University is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 4,000 students. The student body is currently approximately 91% of African-American descent. The average age of undergraduates is 24 and the average age of graduates is 33. Roughly one-third of the students live on-campus and 85 percent of the student body are full-time students.
The University is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the nation’s peach industry. Its 1,365 acre (5.52 km²) campus is the second-largest in area for a public university in the state.
Online Admissions Application: http://www.fvsu.edu/admissions/apply_online
|Undergrad Population: 3566
Graduate Population: 217
Student Body: Coed
In State Tuition: $5562
Out of State Tuition: $17176
Room & Board: $6646
Applications Due: July 19, December 5, May ($30)
|Conference: Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC)
Online Classes: yes
Percent Men: 41%
Percent Women: 59%
|Fort Valley State University Related Video
|News and Upcoming Events at Fort Valley State University
|Future spot for testimonials, comments, pictures, video
|AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND MANAGEMENT
ANIMAL SCIENCE AND CARE
BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
EDUCATION AND TEACHING
FAMILY AND SOCIAL WORK
LANDSCAPING AND HORTICULTURE
MEDICAL SUPPORT AND TECHNOLOGY
NUTRITION AND EXERCISE THERAPY
PHOTOGRAPHY AND COMMERCIAL ART
SECURITY AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
THERAPY AND COUNSELING
|Sports & Extra Curricular Activities
|Choral Groups, Concert Band, Fraternities, Intramural Sports, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Pep Band, Radio Station, Sororities, Student Newspaper, Television Station
Founders Hall Fort Valley State University (formerly Fort Valley State College) began with the 1939 consolidation of the Fort Valley High and Industrial School (chartered in 1895) and the State Teachers and Agricultural College of Forsyth (founded in 1902). The Fort Valley High and Industrial School, previously affiliated with the American Church Institute of the Protestant Episcopal Church, was transferred to state control and operation. Under the agreement, the work formerly carried on at the State Teachers and Agricultural College was consolidated with the work at Fort Valley High and Industrial School to form the Fort Valley State College.
In 1947 the state Board of Regents adopted a resolution moving the Land-Grant designation from Savannah State College to Fort Valley State College. In response to the Regents’ resolution, in 1949 the Georgia General Assembly officially designated The Fort Valley State College as the Land-Grant College for Negroes in Georgia. (Public education was segregated.)
In 1957, the college received full membership in the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and was one of the first of the HBCUs admitted. The college was accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) (1971) and the American Association of Veterinary Medicine (1979).
The school became Fort Valley State University, a State and Land-Grant University, in June 1996.
You can check out the latest casting calls and Entertainment News by clicking: Click Here
Click the logo below to go to the Home Page of the Website
Click the logo below to follow ETInside on Twitter
Click the logo below to follow ETInside on Facebook
Click the logo below to follow ETInside on Instagram
Click the logo below to follow ETInside on Pinterest
Click the logo below to follow ETInside on Medium